Monday, August 1, 2011

Critique Partner Want Ads Launch

(Or, Critiquers Unite!)


Oh, yes. We will unite!

But first, kindly indulge me for a teensy moment. I just saw the Paul McCartney in concert at Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs. I'm a wee star-struck, because this sixty-nine-year-old man? Rocked it. Seriously.

Live and Let Die. Let it Be. Hello, Goodbye.


And not that looks matter, but if they did, he looked fantastic.



I believe in yesterday, Paul. I do. Sigh.

Ahem. On with the Critique! Partner! Blitz!

My friend Mary Frame mentioned a while back that aspiring writers need somewhere to go to find critiquerly assistance, and she suggested (in her infinite, if not goat-like wisdom) that I add a page to this blog for such a purpose. A classified ads, of sorts, for writer/critiquers to find willing and able writer/critiquers so that WiPs can be exchanged.

So of course, I had to turn Mary Frame's stroke of brilliance into reality. The page is added, and we're launching it today.

Please don't list your want ads in the comments of today's blog post, but on the actual Looking for a Critique Partner? page. (Found under "Pages" in the right column.)

The wants ads will remain open indefinitely, so keep checking back, or wait to post until you're ready. I'm also planning to run a quarterly CP want ads blitz, starting with this one. Tell your friends. Tell your CPs (yes, it's healthy and good to have multiple partners). Tell the members of your critique groups.

Bring cookies.



Oh, and happy CP hunting.


4 comments:

Anita Grace Howard said...

Hee. Goat-like wisdom. Brilliant idea, Mare and Mary. And I shall twitter away!

Mary Frame said...

Yay!!! This is so awesome. Tweeting. And blogging (eventually, going camping for awhile, will return and blog while stinky) I heart your guts!

:)

Also, I LOVE PAUL!!!!!

Bethany Crandell said...

Did you just inject Goat Wisdom into your blog post?! HOLY CRAP you are rad!!

Anything affiliated with the amazing Miss Mare and I'm in!!

Marybk said...

Anita: *smirk*

Marewolf: Thanks for getting the word out!

Bethany: *blush* Baaa.

Post a Comment